On Wed, 2009-06-03 at 17:59 -0400, Victor Duchovni wrote:
> The SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file() API is a very admin friendly
> way to support installation of cert + chain and even key + cert + chain,
> as the key can also be stored in the same file (ideally mode 0600 or
> passphrase-protected).

Much like a PKCS#12 file, in fact.

I'll make my VPN client use SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file(), and
I'll also look at making our cert-fetching scripts generate an
appropriate file. Thanks.

In the meantime the bug seems to have been fixed on the server so it
doesn't _need_ me to submit a full certificate chain any more. Either
they've deployed a fix for RT#1942, or the admins have just removed the
old, conflicting CA certs from the CA bundle.

--
dwmw2