Hi Raj:

On June 4, 2009 12:58:02 pm Raj wrote:
> Hello Experts,
>
> I request your expert opinion in generating a PKCS#10 CSR;
>
> I have generated my RSA 1024 private public key pair in the HSM. The HSM
> exposes the keys as handles.

First question: Do you have OpenSSL patched to use that particular HSM as an
engine?

Second question: Do you have a openssl.cnf set up that properly instantiates
that engine?

> I am seeing that OpenSSL is raising the CSR (-new) but it generates the RSA
> key pair. In my case, i already have the keys generated with various
> attributes; I want to raise a CSR of this key pair which are referred by
> their handles.

If that handle is in a file (most patches that I've seen for HSMs allow you to
do this), then just point the -key parameter as that file.

For information on how to create this openssl compatible private key file that
contains the handle (if you don't have it already), I would talk to your HSM
vendor.

Have fun.

--
Patrick Patterson