> hello,
>      when  i read some books about cryptography, it always go that the
> cryptography is based on the difficult math problem, for example big
> integer decomposition,
> i don't understand it, for if we know that n = p*q , p, q are prime ,
> why it's difficult to get p and q ? i think ,if we know the big
> integer and it is mul of  two prime number. we can get prime number
> and test whether p*q == n, why people say it 's a difficult problem?
> may be my understanding is not right? someone who knows please tell me
> , thank you very much

Okay, let's look at 'n' for a second. Both 'p' and 'q' are roughly of the
order of magnitude of the square root of 'n'. A typical 'n' might be 600
digits, so 'p' and 'q' are roughly 300 digits long each (express in base
10). Let's assume you could test, say, a hundred billion 'p'/'p' values in a
second. Well, you do the math and you get over 10^100 billion years expected
time to find the answer.

This is a simple and naive analysis, and doubtless there are faster
algorithms than trying every value. But even if you assume some brilliant
algorithm makes the process 100 billion billion times faster, it's still
over 10^100 billion years.

This is hardly anything remotely resembling a formal proof, of course. But
it should give you the basic idea -- it's a difficult problem because the
numbers are big.

DS