[NM] RFC2560 says:

"All definitive response messages SHALL be digitally signed. The key
   used to sign the response MUST belong to one of the following:

   -- the CA who issued the certificate in question
   -- a Trusted Responder whose public key is trusted by the requester
   -- a CA Designated Responder (Authorized Responder) who holds a
      specially marked certificate issued directly by the CA, indicating
      that the responder may issue OCSP responses for that CA"

We have the second case: The responder has to be trusted to answer requests in
this manner. That's why we already have the responder's signer certificate in
/etc/ssl/certs. Still, the response verification fails. We probably have to
trust the root CA for OCSP signing as stated in
http://www.openssl.org/docs/apps/ocsp.html:

"If the OCSP responder is a ``global responder'' which can give details about
multiple CAs and has its own separate certificate chain then its root CA can be
trusted for OCSP signing. For example:

 openssl x509 -in ocspCA.pem -addtrust OCSPSigning -out trustedCA.pem"

So that's what we are going to test next...

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
 Natanael Mignon

IT-Dienstleistungen: beraten | planen | umsetzen | betreiben

fon          (+49) 511 260 911-0 (DW: - 13)
fax          (+49) 511 318 039-9
eMail      n...@michael-wessel.de
web        www.michael-wessel.de

Bitte senden Sie wichtige E-Mails stets auch an serv...@michael-wessel.de, um
sicherzustellen, dass diese zeitnah bearbeitet werden.