Hi:

This may not be the right list to ask, if so please redirect me, thanks.

I have been asked to study the possibility of using for authentication without encryption, ie using TLS_RSA_WITH_NULL_SHA.

Reading the RFC5246, it appears that the server authentication is only possible through key negotiation, so, for this to work, an encrypted connection would be established, and then send a Change Cipher Spec message to disable encryption?

Using TLS_RSA_WITH_NULL_SHA, does this ensure the subsequent messages (application data) are authenticated as well, or will it only ensure integrity?

Thanks, Erik
--
Erik Nørgaard
Ph: +34.666334818/+34.915211157                  http://www.locolomo.org