Hello Users,

I would like to run a design by you. The requirement (and the constraint) is
that I have to design a secure communication channel without using
certificates. I'm trying out DH key exchange.

My proposed design is a two step process for communication:

1) Use Anonymous DH and estiablish the "shared secret". This is done at some
predefined interval - may be once everyday or once every week.

2) In the second step of the communication, we will use the "shared secret"
from step 1 for authentication. This will be done using Diffie-Hellman key
exchange with pre-shared keys (DHE-PSK, support for which is added in
version 1.0.0 )

3) Once the client is authenticated, all communication is encrypyted using
the master secret derived from DHE-PSK.

This removes the need for me to establish passwords before two parties can
communicate and generates passwords on the fly.

Will this secure me against man-in-the-middle attacks which is possible with
anonymous DH and without authentication ?

Your inputs, suggestions and feedback are much appreciated.

BR

Ramg