I think the desired function is  X509_STORE_add_cert

SSL_CTX_use_certificate is to select you own certificate.

Francois Dupressoir wrote:
Hello Ram,

You may be interested in the d2i_X509_fp() function [http://openssl.org/docs/crypto/d2i_X509.html#] in conjunction with SSL_CTX_use_certificate() [http://www.openssl.org/docs/ssl/SSL_CTX_use_certificate.html#].

Cheers,
Francois

ramaswamy.bm wrote:
Hi,
I am to use TLS for securing an application's data transfer. For development purposes I have been using a
    dummy set of certificates in PEM format.

The currently used "SSL_CTX_load_verify_locations" API requires that the certificate be in PEM format.

However, in real time scenario, the application being developed MUST make use of certificates in DER format
    as per the requirements.

So I wanted to know whether there is a way to load CA certificates in DER format using any SSL APIs.
    My search till now for such an API has been unfruitful.

Please let me know any if any OpenSSL API is available to load the DER formated certificates.

Thanks & Best Regards ,
Ram