sorry if this is being posted a 2nd time. i got an email stating it was rejected....

hello,

please forgive me as i am not an OpenSSL or encryption expert.

i am already using OpenSSL to do encryption of strings and it works awesome. i do have a question about encrypting smaller amounts of data though.

my code basically goes as follows

Encrypt(datato, datafrom)
{
EVP_EncryptInit();
EVP_EncryptUpdate();
EVP_EncryptFinal();
EVP_CIPHER_CTX_cleanup();
}

again works awesome for strings. however we are realizing there are sometimes we just want a 32 bit int or a 64 bit int encrypted and nothing else.

so we ran this with a 64 bit int and noticed that 128 bits comes out. can we safely ignore the other 64 bits? why are we getting 128 bits out?

we are using the TripleDES cipher.

thank you.