Hi,

Since we are on the subject of hardware enhanced cryptography, does the HiFn chips used in the Soekris devices, have support in openssl?.

Regards
Nige

Kyle Hamilton wrote:
OpenSSL uses the operating system to get entropy. If AMD wants Linux to support its on-chip random number generator, it needs to write a driver that replaces /dev/random and /dev/urandom.

In addition, Intel has been playing nice and getting its code in the openssl distribution, as a set of patches that were integrated not too long ago. Nobody has submitted such a patch for the Geode to my knowledge (I'm not god of the request tracker, but most mails sent to r...@openssl.org are forwarded to the -dev list; I've not seen any patches come in). (i.e.: Intel is doing strategic positioning that AMD is not.)

-Kyle H