Just a few small tweaks:

> First, generate the domain parameters:
> openssl ecparam -genkey -name secp160k1 -out c:\key.pem

> Next, strip the PBE:
> openssl ec -in c:\key.pem -out c:\naked.pem

That strips the parameters; there is no PBE here.
The same thing can be done in one step with
  openssl ecparam -genkey -name secp160k1 -noout -out naked.pem
  # yes -noout and -out, even though it looks silly

> Strip the Base 64 encoding:
> openssl base64 -d -in naked.pem -out c:\key.asn1
>
> Next, use Guttmans asn.1 dumper ('openssl asn1parse -in c:\key.asn1'
> results in an error):

openssl asn1parse defaults to base64/PEM.
  openssl asn1parse -in naked.pem
  openssl asn1parse -in c:\key.asn1 -inform der
But it doesn't display the BITSTRING value by default, so add -dump .
(And remember that the first byte of a BITSTRING value is num_unused,
so start looking after that.)

Or more easily just
  openssl ec -in naked.pem -text -noout
shows you the fields in the key, though not the ASN1 overhead.

> At this point, the public key is the bit string 04 09 44 E1 ... B7 AC
> 41 89. It's an ECPoint type (cf: SEC-1 and RFC 5480, Setion 2.2 -
> Subject Public Key).
<snip>
> I don't know how to get OpenSSL to give up the remainder of the
> secrets, but I do know how to do it in Crypto++ (can anyone help me
> out here?). Here's what I got from my Crypto++ program:

I don't see anything that breaks down the public point,
though it's not hard to do by hand.

To see the parameter details for a named curve
  openssl ecparam -in keywith.pem -param_enc explicit -text -noout
or just
  openssl ecparam -name secp160k1 -param_enc explicit -text -noout
(But again point G is a single blob, not broken down.)