On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 03:47:51PM +0100, Darryl Miles wrote:

> I advocate that some users would find it useful to be able to invoke
> SSL_read() and SSL_write() from exactly two threads on the same 'SSL *'
> simultaneously.  There is merit in this and as things stands OpenSSL does
> not allow it due to a design choice (aka "design limitation").

You are mistaken. There are no message boundaries, and multiple threads
reading and writing the same SSL session would get random fragments of
the remote data on read, and emit random fragments of data on write.

There is no sensible use-case for concurrent multiple thread access
to an SSL object. All access must be serialized to ensure remotely
reasonable semantics.

--
        Viktor.