Jakob Grießmann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> does anyone have a howto on how to generate a self-signed extended
> validation certificate, or on how to set-up my own CA for local use
> that gives out EVN certificates?
>
> I know how to do this for normal certificates, but was unable to find
> more details on extended validation certificates...

Just Providing you the simple steps on how to generate self signed SSL
certificates.

1.Make sure OpenSSL is installed and in your PATH.

2. Run the following command, to create server.key and server.crt files: $
openssl req -new -x509 -nodes -out server.crt -keyout server.key These can
be used as follows in your httpd.conf file:

                     SSLCertificateFile    /path/to/this/server.crt
                     SSLCertificateKeyFile

3.It is important that you are aware that this server.key does not have any
passphrase. To add a passphrase to the key, you should run the following
command, and enter & verify the passphrase as requested. $ openssl rsa -des3
-in server.key -out server.key.new $ mv server.key.new server.key Please
backup the server.key file, and the passphrase you entered, in a secure
location.

-----
https://www.thesslstore.com/ SSL Certificates
https://www.thesslstore.com/thawte.aspx Thawte SSL