On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Dr. Stephen Henson <st...@openssl.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Mathieu Malaterre
>> <mathieu.malate...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Answering to myself, it looks like it:
>>

>>   *) Initial support for Cryptographic Message Syntax (aka CMS) based
>>      on RFC3850, RFC3851 and RFC3852. New cms directory and cms utility,
>>      support for data, signedData, compressedData, digestedData and
>>      encryptedData, envelopedData types included. Scripts to check against
>>      RFC4134 examples draft and interop and consistency checks of many
>>      content types and variants.
>>      [Steve Henson]
>>

>> This is really cool !
>>

> Actually PBE isn't included. AES key wrap is which can be handled on the
> command line but not PBES2 (or any other kind) of PBE at present.

Hi Steve,

  Thanks for taking the time to answer, this will save me some time !
  How hard would you say is this task (I have neither a previous
knowledge of OpenSSL, nor a knowledge of cryptography) ? As a first
step I would just like to decrypt a PBE RFC3852 blob (proof of
concept).

Thanks,
--
Mathieu