At one point of time, we had used tt800.c random number generator (available
on the net - a small file sized 2kB), and sha'd or md5'd the output into a
stream. From the output, we filtered out weak keys, if any.

  _____

From: owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org
[mailto:owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org] On Behalf Of Anthony Gabrielson
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 5:24 PM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: Random Numbers

Hello,

                I've been searching around and I'm not finding much on
OpenSSL and random numbers.  I'm trying to figure out how to best use
RAND_bytes and RAND_pseudo_bytes; do I still need to worry about entropy or
does OpenSSL take care of it for me these days?  If I do need to worry about
it, does anyone have any suggestions on where I can look for pointers for
use with windows?

Thanks,

Anthony