Am 01.04.10 23:09, schrieb Victor Duchovni:
> On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 10:48:56PM +0200, G??tz Reinicke - IT Koordinator
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> how do I check this?
>>
>> On both servers I do have installed the same client and server software
>> and performing a secured connection from both systems to the master
>> server works; from both systems to the slave server fails.
>
> If the slave has no certificate with a mutually agreeable public key
> algorithm, it will not offer any of the associated cipher-suites. Thus
> either the slave has a mis-configured cipher-list, is missing required
> certificates, or missing the associated private keys.

Hi Viktor, thanks for your response.

I don't know what went wrong and the error messages aren't of any help
to me. You too mention a lot of different possibel sources of error.

So I set up two new ldap servers (master and slave) and a third just for
fun for a CA.

Than I worked step by step to my previously used tutorial and voila: The
connection from clients (local linux ldapsearch, remote Mac OS X Apache
Directory Studio) to the servers are crypted. Even the replication from
the master to the slave. Strike.

Now I'm faced with some other questions regarding the CA, but this will
be an othet posting.

Happy  Easter!

        - Götz
--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reini...@filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. Claudia Hübner
Staatsrätin für Demographischen Wandel und für Senioren im Staatsministerium

Geschäftsführer:
Prof. Thomas Schadt