Hallo and one more thing,

recently I started to set up a master/slave OpenLDAP system with
tls/certs. (Red Hat 5.x, openssl-0.9.8e-12, openldap-2.3.43-3 )

For that pourpose I set up a CA, generated certs, requests and keys,
installed tham on the corresponding servers and my OS X client and my
ldapservers communicate nearly as I expected.

So dose my local ldap client (Apache Directory Studio (ADS) on mac OS X
10.6.x ).

Nearly, because the servers and the ADS client both alert me, that I use
invalide certificates and the cerificate can't be validated.

But I have e.g. on the Mac imported my ca cert in the Macs keychain
(once for sytem resp. for login) and the use for everything (ssl, IPsec,
X.509, ...) is set to trust.

May be I did something wrong or what may I check and how?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

        Götz
--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reini...@filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. Claudia Hübner

Geschäftsführer:
Prof. Thomas Schadt