Amit Ben Shahar wrote:
One of the crucial ingredients is ssl using OpenSsl. but we are encountering a problem with the 'no OPENSSL_Applink' error. as this is a .Net project, there is no way (i can think of) to compile with the applink.c file.
1) Why is that crucial? Microsoft provide crypto support on Windows, albeit with a different interface. What's wrong with System.Net.Security.SslStream?

2) Why can't you 'compile with the applink.c file'? You need a talk to it through p/invoke - you may need to write another glue DLL to do this. If you can locate an OpenSSL implementation that has been wrapped as a free-threaded COM service, you might find things easier if you don't know how to write such glue. You could try looking in Mono's runtime, too, which I suspect delegates to OpenSsl (tho I haven't checked).

James