Hi,

The crash occurs with 0.9.8 because it wrongly calls the function "close"
instead of "closesocket" in order to release the client socket. In the
1.0.0 source, this has been corrected but the modification has not been
back-ported to the 0.9.8 source tree.

Also, the crash occurs only if you compile with a recent VC++ runtime
(like VC2008 and VC2005). With VC6 no crash happens. This is because
recent VC++ runtimes call a default handler when a CRT function receives
an invalid parameter and this handler simply aborts the program execution.
This behavior can be changed by setting a custom handler using the
function _set_invalid_parameter_handler.

Cheers,
--
Mounir IDRASSI
IDRIX