On Thu, Jun 17, 2010, Rolf Ackermann wrote:

> Hi list
>
> I have the following problem:
>
> I've written a software using wxWidgets (http://www.wxwidgets.org). This
> framework allows
> me to write OS independent software and has also C++ classes for using TCP
> communication.
> Based on source code from the internet I'm using BIO_read/BIO_write
> functions to enable
> the communication with the server.
>
> Now my problem:
>
> The handshake is working if the server uses a RSA encrypted certificate but
> as soon the
> server uses an AES encrypted certificate the handshake is not completed.
> I'm using the
> callback_info() to check what happens.

What do you mean "AES encrypted certificate", there isn't such a thing: AES is
a symmetric algorithm and not a public key algorithm.

Do you mean a certificate using DSA (DSS) or a server supporting AES
ciphersuites?

First things I'd suggest is to try using s_client to see if it will connect to
the server. Then you might try the -bugs option if it fails.

Steve.