Hi all,

I have two issues when I am trying to verify the certificates from an SSL
connection. In particular I have difficulties in understanding how to:
- Add a set of certificates that are to be trusted (trust anchors..)
- Add a set of certificates that might be needed to build the chain
     (not trust anchors.. )
- Accept a chain of certificates where a self-signed cert is present
     without that error to be the only one reported in the verify callback
     (i.e., are there any flags I can set to avoid the error ?)

So far, from the source code, I thought that by using:

     store = SSL_CTX_get_cert_store(ctx);
     X509_STORE_add_cert (store, cert);
     ssl = SSL_new ( ctx );

I would add the cert to the trusted ones.. but it does not seem to work :(
Where are the functions or the right pointers to do that without using the
SSL_CTX_load_verify_locations() ???

--

Best Regards,

        Massimiliano Pala

Massimiliano Pala [OpenCA Project Manager]                   ope...@acm.org
                                                    project.mana...@openca.org

Dartmouth Computer Science Dept               Home Phone: +1 (603) 369-9332
PKI/Trust Laboratory                          Work Phone: +1 (603) 646-8734
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us
who do.
                                                           -- Isaac Asimov