First, let me say that this is my first attempt to install any version of
the OpenSSL other than what gets distributed w/ the Linux OS and any updates
that are provided via subscription thereafter.  It is also my first attempt
at enabling the FIPS option.

On a SUSE 10 SP2 release, I have successfully installed OpenSSL 0.9.8o and
created the RPM files to replace the ones installed w/ the load of the
Operating System.  The RPM process replaced the base OS OpenSSL release
level w/ the latest version.  (The .spec file complained about a lack of a
License tag and the existence of a Copyright tag but I added one and removed
the other.)

I then loaded the openssl-fips-1.2.tar.gz file into a different directory
and attempted to create a RPM install for it as well but have hit some
issues.  First off, rpmbuild complained that it could not find the
openssl-0.9.8f.tar.gz file in /usr/src/packages/SOURCES.  I found and
changed the version information in the .spec file to version 0.9.8o since
that tar.gz file was in the given directory.

Executing the command:

smicro1:~/openssl/openssl-fips-1.2 # rpmbuild -ba ./openssl.spec

runs for awhile until it eventually reports the following:

+ cd /usr/src/packages/BUILD

+ cd openssl-0.9.8o

+ DOCDIR=/var/tmp/openssl-0.9.8o-root/usr/share/doc/packages/openssl-doc

+ export DOCDIR

+ rm -rf /var/tmp/openssl-0.9.8o-root/usr/share/doc/packages/openssl-doc

+ /bin/mkdir -p
/var/tmp/openssl-0.9.8o-root/usr/share/doc/packages/openssl-doc

+ cp -pr CHANGES CHANGES.SSLeay LICENSE NEWS README
/var/tmp/openssl-0.9.8o-root

/usr/share/doc/packages/openssl-doc

+ cp -pr doc /var/tmp/openssl-0.9.8o-root/usr/share/doc/packages/openssl-doc

+ exit 0

Finding  Provides: /usr/lib/rpm/find-provides openssl

Finding  Requires: /usr/lib/rpm/find-requires openssl

Finding  Supplements: /usr/lib/rpm/find-supplements openssl

Requires(rpmlib): rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
rpmlib(CompressedFileN

ames) <= 3.0.4-1

Requires: openssl

Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files
/var/tmp/openssl-0.9.8

o-root

error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:

   /usr/lib/engines/lib4758cca.so

   /usr/lib/engines/libaep.so

   /usr/lib/engines/libatalla.so

   /usr/lib/engines/libcapi.so

   /usr/lib/engines/libchil.so

   /usr/lib/engines/libcswift.so

   /usr/lib/engines/libgmp.so

   /usr/lib/engines/libnuron.so

   /usr/lib/engines/libsureware.so

   /usr/lib/engines/libubsec.so

   /usr/lib/pkgconfig/libcrypto.pc

   /usr/lib/pkgconfig/libssl.pc

RPM build errors:

    Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:

   /usr/lib/engines/lib4758cca.so

   /usr/lib/engines/libaep.so

   /usr/lib/engines/libatalla.so

   /usr/lib/engines/libcapi.so

   /usr/lib/engines/libchil.so

   /usr/lib/engines/libcswift.so

   /usr/lib/engines/libgmp.so

   /usr/lib/engines/libnuron.so

   /usr/lib/engines/libsureware.so

   /usr/lib/engines/libubsec.so

   /usr/lib/pkgconfig/libcrypto.pc

   /usr/lib/pkgconfig/libssl.pc

smicro1:~/openssl/openssl-fips-1.2 #

Can the FIPS compliant OpenSSL be built as a RPM?  If so, what am I missing
to complete it properly?

Thanks

Mark