--- On Wed, 8/4/10, Dr. Stephen Henson <st...@openssl.org> wrote:

> From: Dr. Stephen Henson <st...@openssl.org>

> > Solution: Disable the recipient check, when i manually
> assign the private
> > key - just use it to decrypt the message.

> If you don't supply the certificate to the cms or smime
> command it doesn't
> attempt to check and it should try the private key against
> any possible
> recipients. Ah I notice that this is undocumented...

ahh... i never knew =) this is great i will try it out later, final question
for these kind of messages - does the cms command handle all the messages that
could be handled by the smime command? What i dont want is try openssl smime
--decrypt first only to see that the recip error is thrown because the
SUbjectKeyIdentifier is used and retry again with openssl cms --decrypt

Basically is the smime command obsolete because cms does everything now?

Thanks