> Solution: Use the version 14.00.4xxxx amd64 compiler from the April 2005 x64
> Platform SDK, or one of its close successors.  Those need and include that
> library.
>
> The April 2005 x64 Platform SDK is still available from MSDN subscriber
> downloads as en_ws_2003_sp1_sdk_april_2005.iso . Install it and use the
> "x64 release build" command prompt from the SDK, not the one from Visual
> Studio 2005 or later.

That helps. Was able to successfully build the FIPS module.

> Note: I have not yet read the FIPS documentation, so I don't know if a
> specific compiler version is required to satisfy the FIPS certification,
> apart from the practicality of using a compiler compatible with the
> FIPS certified build scripts.

FIPS documentation does not mention any specific compiler AFAIK. I
have not modified the source, just used VS command prompt instead of
cygwin - also used the same commands as mentioned in the user guide.
Any idea if it violates FIPS guidelines?