On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 1:56 PM, <aerow...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You're looking at a couple of issues here.  (First, please be aware that
> this is the OpenSSL users list, not necessary a mod_ssl support list;
> however, since they're intertwined, we do have some knowledge of mod_ssl.)

Plus, single-to-noise ration is quite good here. ;)

> What you need to do is change that from 'SSLCACertificateFile' to
> 'SSLCACertificateChainFile'.

So you mean combine my certificate and the intermediate certificate?

   cat my_site.crt intermediate.crt > bundle.crt

   SSLCACertificateChainFile /etc/apache2/ssl/bundle.crt

Invalid command 'SSLCACertificateChainFile', perhaps mis-spelled or defined
by a module not included in the server configuration

There's SSLCertificateChainFile, but if I set that w/o SSLCertificateFile I
get:

[error] Server should be SSL-aware but has no certificate configured [Hint:
SSLCertificateFile]

And with SSLCertificateFile and SSLCertificateChainFile set I still have the
same issue that some browsers report:

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.
(Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

In Firefox, but Chrome accepts it fine.

Again, I am not using client authentication.

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley
mose...@hank.org