On Mon, 13 Sep 2010, Mounir IDRASSI wrote:

> Your problem could come from the fact that your Apache
> SSLCertificateChainFile configuration is missing the Thawte Cross Root CA
> that links "thawte Primary Root CA" to "Thawte Premium Server CA".

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't see that I need that, the "thawte
Primary Root CA" is signed directly by the "Thawte Premium Server CA".

Interestingly, I found two different versions of the "thawte Primary Root
CA" available from Thawte -- one signed by the "Thawte Premium Server CA",
and one self-signed. As if this mess wasn't confusing enough :).

It turns out my problem was specifying the SSLCertificateChainFile
directive in a virtualhost section that wasn't the default. When I moved
the config to the default ssl vhost it started working.

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  hen...@csupomona.edu