On 9/29/2010 11:41 PM, Raj wrote:

Hi All
Is there any method to set time our for SSL _read function.
As from the Open SSL document SSL_read will not return if there is no
data to read from the socket

You really shouldn't need this. If you know for sure that it's the other side's turn to transmit, you should be timing out the connection (or even application) as a whole, not just the read. If you don't know for sure that it's the other side's turn to transmit, you should not be making a blocking call to SSL_read.

In any event, I recommend that you basically never use blocking functions.

DS