Steve,

I have made changes in nt.mak file to not pass -DZLIB option in cFlags and
now i am able to compile and build static build of OpenSSL.

Now i face the same issue as mentioned earlier -- "error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol _FIPS_mode_set referenced in function"

In detail this is what i have done...

- I have following Folder structure; Source is downloaded from OpenSSL.org

OpenSSL Version 0.9.8.o - C:\OPENSSL_BUILD\openssl-0.9.8o
FIPS Module Version 1.2 - C:\OPENSSL_BUILD\openssl-fips-1.2

- I have done following steps to build OpenSSL as mentioned in User Guide

>From VS 2005 Command Window

- cd C:\OPENSSL_BUILD\openssl-fips-1.2
- ms\do_fips no-asm - this is to build FIPS Module
- cd C:\OPENSSL_BUILD\openssl-0.9.8o
- perl Configure VC-WIN32
--with-fipslibdir="C:\OPENSSL_BUILD\openssl-fips-1.2\out32dll"
- nmake -f ms\nt.mak - to build static OpenSSL

can some one please let me know if i am missing anything..

Thanks in Advance

- Rajesh