** When I am running the OpenSSL FIPS Version 1.2 on Ubuntu, it is giving
an "Illegal instruction" error on certain crytographic functions esp RSA Keys.

I have tried running this on my local Ubuntu Januty and a Jaunty server on eC2 with the same result.

I did some research and found this thread on this forum.
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg56540.html

For this user It turns out that the illegal instruction was the OS, the underlying PPC processor on eC2 must not have Floating Point Units.

I need to know how to turn on CONFIG_MATH_EMULATION for fpu emulation in Ubuntu. I am sure there is a file somehwere to change this, but I have no idea where it is.
Will this require a re-compile the kernel?

If OpenSSL requires a kernel recompile on Ubuntu, does it on other systems?

I could try Fedora, which is what the product was originally tested on....

Thx in advance,

Rich

Reply via email to