Hello,

I am having difficulty compiling openssl 1.0.0a with a custom rpath RHEL
5.5. My objective is to compile with the relative rpath ../lib64.

./config  -Wl,-rpath,../lib64 --prefix=/usr/local/app/openssl
--install_prefix=~/tmp/openssl-install shared

After compilation, I check what library is used by openssl with ldd. I see
it point to a previous installation in /usr/local/app/openssl. With strings,
I see a path in front of mine:

/usr/local/app/openssl/lib64:../lib64

To get rid of the undesired rpath, I need to remove the following from
Makefile:

LIBRPATH='$(INSTALLTOP)/$(LIBDIR)'

Is there a way to control LIBRPATH without editing Makefile? Why does
another rpath get added in front of mine anyway?

Thank you!