I would like to know how cipher list negociation works ( see scheme below ).
See a book that talk about SSL handshake.
is it transparent for users ( developpers ) ?
Almost.
must they write it ?
You do not need to write it,but you can chose it.
if yes, what are the functions ?
You can chose you cipher list by SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list.
Also CIPHERS(1)