thanks

some detail just in case:

i was actually able to get it to link and invoke the engine functions. when
trying to sign data, the call would fail because the pkey structure was not
correctly filled out by the engine, the field "ameth" in the structure is
left NULL.

if i try the same call against the openssl 0.9.8 branch, the call correctly
works with the trousers TPM engine.

cheers
-nicholas

*Nicholas Wehr