Hi,

I have checked my keystore and truststore and the intermediate
certificate alone is going to expire.

I have received a renewed intermediate pem. I believe it is common
practice to just replace an expiring intermediate certificate instead of
the root. The root will expire in2025.

I have replaceed only the intermediate certificate in the trust store
using this command.

keytool -import -trustcacerts -alias root -file <certificate> -keystore
keystore.jks

Now I have a question.

The trust store contains the intermediate certificate with a clear alias
and I could access it.

The key store seems to have the entire chain. Not sure if it is possible
to update only the intermediate certificate here.

How do I update the intermediate certificate and still maintain the
chain in the keystore using Openssl or the Java keystore commands ?

Thanks,

Mohan