On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 8:51 AM, Sergey <[email protected]> wrote: > Hello, > > I have a program, written on C++ and QT. > I need to implement checking of file signature in my program, so that it > would do the same check, as this openssl command: > > openssl dgst -sha1 -signature signature.bin -verify pubkey.pem file.txt Checking the on-disk file is a weaker assurance than in-memory code and data. Verifying in-memory code an data can be a bit more difficult since you will need to work against an executable format - for example, PE/PE+ and ELF32/ELF64. From experience, both formats are very workable.
On the Windows platform, I generally prefer to use Code Signing for the on-disk verification, and custom checks for in-memory assurances. For Linux, I use both - on startup I check the on-disk image, and intermittently check in-memory code and data to detect tampering. > > Can i do it, calling some QT methods? > If no, are there some methods in QT, which allow to check any signatures? You will have to code it yourself using C/C++. The framework (Qt, GNOME, etc) really does not matter much. Jeff ______________________________________________________________________ OpenSSL Project http://www.openssl.org User Support Mailing List [email protected] Automated List Manager [email protected]
