in the first place, and GNU tar has a known sporadic incompatibility with
Solaris tar.

-Kyle H

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 8:46 AM, Ruiyuan Jiang <ruiyuan_ji...@liz.com> wrote:
Well, Kyle

I don't think tar is the problem here. After I had the problem with v1.2.3, I
downloaded fips 1.2.2 afterwards and I don't have problem to untar the tar ball.

Ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org [mailto:owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org]
On Behalf Of Kyle Hamilton
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2011 11:56 PM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: Re: Download fips 1.2.3

Solaris has a buggy tar.  You need to use gnu tar.

-Kyle H

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Ruiyuan Jiang <ruiyuan_ji...@liz.com> wrote:
Hi, all

Has anyone had problem with openssl-fips-1.2.3.tar.gz? When I tried to “tar
xvf” on my Solaris 10 SPARC, the source had error message “unexpected EOF”.
I have tried with different proxy servers and direct download from the site
but had no luck. I now downloaded v1.2.2 and no problem with the source to
configure and make. Thanks.

Ryan Jiang

This message (including any attachments) is intended
solely for the specific individual(s) or entity(ies) named
above, and may contain legally privileged and
confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this message and then delete it.
Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message,
or the taking of any action based on it, by other than the
intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.