On Thu June 16 2011, Nahid Alam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using OpenSSL 0.9.8k to write a simple AES encryption application that
> works fine in x86. It uses EVP library APIs for encryption/decryption
> purpose.
>
> Now I need to compile it for Tegra2 (ARM) which is running Android 2.2
> I am using Code Sourcery to cross compile for ARM using
>
> $arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc  -lcrypto  -o test test.c
>
> But getting fatal error: openssl/evp.h: No such file or directory
>
> Any ideas?

Fix your include path (-I ....)

That is:
Check the paths being searched by arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc (there is an
option for that);
Check what the path is to where you installed the OpenSSl package headers.

> Do I need to cross compile openssl 1st?

If including anything other than the text header files, yes.

Just stating the library requirement (-l) will not get the
library cross-compiled.

Mike