Do we assume that means same version (even build) of openssl?
You could check with 'openssl version' on each.

> This is the command I use:
> openssl s_client -ssl3 -connect rapidshare.com:443 -prexit
>
> This is the response I get when the ssl connection fails:
> CONNECTED(00000003)
> write:errno=104
> ---
> no peer certificate available
> ---
> No client certificate CA names sent
> ---
> SSL handshake has read 0 bytes and written 0 bytes
> ---
> New, (NONE), Cipher is (NONE)
<snip rest>

errno 104 on Linux is ECONNRESET. It appears to be
happening before/without receiving the ServerHello.
Try with -msg to confirm this.

If so, either the server is deciding to reject this
client, quite gracelessly, or something in the
network between you is aborting the connection, like
a firewall or not-sufficiently-transparent proxy.