On 7/11/2011 3:18 PM, Carla Strembicke wrote:

The server recieves the  encrypted data and  sends to the lower level
and where it is pumped into the SSL structure ( which is using these
memory buffers) using the BIO_write call ( I acutally see that bytes are
written into it) and the buffer looks good.  I then go and do an
SSL_read() and I get nothing except  SSL_ERRO_WANT_READ. I do see that a
session has been established and that the packet member actually
contains the data I want access to....but the member state=8576 and
rstate=240.
What am I missing????

Nothing that seems normal.

Is it somthing to do this the handshake that I am missing or the readinf
of the data.
I have been working on this for a while and am at a stale
mate......please help!!!

What's the problem exactly? If you get SSL_ERROR_WANT_READ it means that there is no application data yet. The data you passed was likely negotiation data.

DS