Hello everyone,
I've found some issues using the function X509_verify() on a simple X509
certificate. After the creation, if I call:

X509_verify(certificate,ca_key);

the function returns 1, but if I call the i2d_X509() function on the
certificate and then the d2i_X509() on the obtained byte string, the
X509_verify() on the resultant certificate returns 0.

I printed the certificate, in a readable format, before and after the i2d()
and d2i() execution and the result is exactly the same. The various fields
(issuer, subject...) have the correct values. Any ideas?

Best Regards

Andrea Saracino