On 08/16/2011 02:58 PM, Dr. Stephen Henson wrote:
> Can you give me a more complete report?

I detailed my situation in a previous recent thread ( Please help:
OpenSSL + OpenVPN Elliptic Curves (SHA512, ECDSA, ECDH, Linux, Debian) ).

Briefly:
 - I want to use ECDSA+SHA512 for OpenVPN authentication
 - OpenVPN uses OpenSSL routines to perform crypto
 - I recompiled the latest OpenSSL version after having applied your
patch, and then recompiled OpenVPN with this updated instance of OpenSSL
 - still, ECDSA+SHA512 certificates don't work, while ECDSA+SHA160 ones
and RSA+SHA512 ones do work

Maybe I missed something important but all the steps I performed are
detailed in the other thread. Feel free to ask anything of course!

Thanks :)