Hi All,

I am new to linux and openssl stuff.

I have tried to install OpenSSL (1.2.3 with fips)with FIPS module and it's
successful. (built and installed)

For building:
i had used make and gcc version 4.3.4

I hope installation was successful and it created FIPS module and openssl
binary (usr/local/ssl/fips1-0/bin)
Note: my machine already installed with openssl 0.9.8h. I didnt uninstall
it.

what i tried is,
1.executed /usr/local/ssl/fips1-0/bin/openssl this binary and created self
signed certificate "key" -successful
2.Using same command, trying to create certificate signing request and it
failed with "Invalid instruction"
3.I saw system logs, it had an entry
Aug 23 05:11:36 lglor248 kernel: [14103.238431] openssl[15942] trap invalid
opcode ip:7fcb3cc886d0 sp:7fff7a02c9a8 error:0 in
libcrypto.so.0.9.8[7fcb3cb90000+16a000]

I had some googling on this and found a relevant link:
http://forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/t-125808.html

But i don't feel my gcc version would be causing this issue since that post
was quite old and i have almost latest gcc.

It will be appreciated if any one helps me out on this..

NOTE: i used the openssl command which i created and never used existing
installation (old 0.9.8h).

Thanks in advance
rock!