Hi,

On 08/25/2011 11:15 PM, t...@terralogic.net wrote:
> I know the theory.  I'm also a programmer.  I just never bothered to
> install a root cert before.  But I do know how to make them.
>
> I'll dig around in FireFox and see where it is and how its done.
>
> As for the bank.  We build it and they break it.  Not my fault.

TDWaterhouse can be accessed via HTTPs (EV cert). Am I correct in
surmising that your bank wants you to install a root cert of their own?
>From which URL does it ask you to do that?

(If that's not what is happening, can you please send me the issuer,
serial number and hash value of the cert that you need to validate?)

Firefox root certificates are stored in a file certdata.txt in their hg
(and EV OIDs are stored directly in the cpp code, I can lookup the hg
URLs if you want).

I'm not sure where FF puts additional certs, but it will be on the local
file system. Likely in PEM or DER, though, so grep won't help. A Google
lookup on the moz.dev.security.policy or moz.dev.security.crypto groups
might yield the answers, the topic occurs there from time to time.

Ralph