On Wed, Sep 07, 2011, Shawn Willden wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 12:15 PM, Dr. Stephen Henson <st...@openssl.org>wrote:
> >
> > Have you included OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms()?
>

> Yes.  Here's a more complete snippet:
>
>   // Ciphers table requires to be loaded.
>   OpenSSL_add_all_ciphers();
>
>   ScopedEVPPKey evp_pkey;
>   // The first NULL value means we are not implementing our own password
>   // callback function but that we will rely on the default one instead.
>   if (passphrase != NULL)
>     evp_pkey.reset(PEM_read_bio_PrivateKey(
>                        in.get(), NULL, NULL,
>                        const_cast<char*>(passphrase->c_str())));
>   else
>     evp_pkey.reset(PEM_read_bio_PrivateKey(in.get(), NULL, NULL, NULL));
>
>   // Removes the ciphers from the table.
>   EVP_cleanup();

Hmm... that's peculiar. Do you get the same error with the openssl utility on
a private key you created? For example:

openssl rsa -in key.pem

If you do then please check if a key created on that platform produces that
error on another platform. Explanation: I'm trying to see if the problem is
writing the encrypted key or reading it in.

Steve.