Thank you! Thank is great info for me if I ever need SSH (meaning SSL with the protocol). It may also help the original person as he may be able to solve his problem using inetd and openssh ... which is easy and reliable and works great if you have remotely reasonable traffic. Also, way less coding :-) Eric