I actually don't know, but try looking in the source code for the openssl.exe
utility and look at what it does with the "engine" command line option.

On 11/1/2011 6:26 PM, Vladimir Belov wrote:

How to use some "engine API" in my program? What is the name of this "some engine API" or engine plug-in?

Please, give a small example or where can I find documentation about this? Is any documentation on the openssl.org?

From: Jakob Bohm
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 8:04 PM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: Re: Using certificate and private key from Windows cert store with OpenSSL

This option is for the OpenSSL API, and I sure hope it would work
with all the supported Windows Compilers, so you can use it with
the compiler needed by the rest of your project.

Once compiled in, your code will need to use some "engine API"
at your program startup to request use of that engine plug-in, after
which you should be able to use the Windows Certificate store
and contents directly.