Hello Everyone,

I would like recommendations and suggestions for encrypting a document on a
distributed CD. I would like someone to be able to open and read the
document only if they have a "password" or secret string or other(?).
I understand there is a limit to how secure this really is, but I would
like it to be reasonably secure for what it is, and that's why I'm asking
the question here.

Down the same lines, I'm wondering if something like AES-256 should be used
with several "rounds" (encrypting the encrypted data N times) to help
prevent (slow down) an exhaustive attack?

How is something like this usually done? Any suggestions/recommendations
inside or outside the box?

It would also be nice if a common, widely available unencrypting tool could
be easily used to unencrypt the document if the secret string is known.

Thanks!

joe.flow...@nofreewill.com

-------