Hi!

With the release of THC-SSL-DOS tool, a popular work-around is to disable SSL renegotiation. It seems to be a non trivial task with OpenSSL as there is no flag to use to disable renegotiation. Looking at how it is done in Apache and nginx, I have concluded that the only way to disable renegotiation is to intercept the beginning of an handshake in info_callback and try to tear down the connection from here.

I have written this patch for stud that seems to work fine:
https://github.com/vincentbernat/stud/commit/5317e3cb096a67409405e0d4c4789c0ac292076c

Is there a better method?

I would like to write something similar for stunnel. Unfortunately, while stud, nginx and Apache were event-driven, stunnel is threaded: an SSL handshake can happen inside a SSL_read() call. Tearing down the connection inside info_callback does not work (with SSL_shutdown()). Is there an example of non-event-driven program where renegociation has been disabled that I could use?