On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 07:55:07 -0600
"Michael S. Zick" <open...@morethan.org> wrote:

> Evidently your connection is doing a renegotiation during the
> transfer. You missed:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3952104/how-to-handle-openssl-ssl-error-want-read-want-write-on-non-blocking-sockets
>
> Among a few other zillion posts that google can find on the subject.

What makes you believe I am not handling this correctly?  If the the
call returns WANT_WRITE or WANT_READ,  it gets called again with
exactly the same parameters, which is exactly what that and all those
other zillion posts recommend.  This is why I set the err to EAGAIN,
because the same thing must be done with a regular non-blocking socket.

I've even tried using a global buffer in place of the stack one, just
to be sure the repeated call really uses "exactly the same args", which
is in the man page -- this did not make any difference.

--
"Enthusiasm is not the enemy of the intellect." (said of Irving Howe)
"The angel of history[...]is turned toward the past." (Walter Benjamin)