Hey all,

I'm currently using FIPS capable OpenSSL 0.9.8r w/FOM 1.2.2 and I noticed
that the DSA_verify() method returns 0 in FIPS mode because it fails
the DSA_FLAG_NON_FIPS_ALLOW flag check.  The documentation for
DSA_FLAG_FIPS_METHOD in dsa.h states:
 "/* If this flag is set the operations normally disabled in FIPS mode are
 * permitted it is then the applications responsibility to ensure that the
 * usage is compliant.
 */
I'm a little confused as to what "...applications responsiblilty to ensure
that the usage is compliant." means exactly.
Does this mean DSA_verify() is not FIPS compliant? If so, will moving to
FOM 1.2.3 help?

Cheers,
-Chang Lee