Excellent, thanks.  Do you know how many versions back SHA256 is supported?
The reason I ask is that I've got an older version running on a Ubuntu VM
(OpenSSL 0.9.8o 01 Jun 2010), and I tried to generate a CA cert using SHA256
but it signed with SHA1.  Here's the command I used in the script: default_md =
sha256.  Anyway, I'm just wondering which version began supporting SHA256 or
what's wrong with my command such that it signs with SHA1?  Thanks again!