From: owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org [mailto:owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org]
On Behalf Of Michael S. Zick
Sent: 18 January 2012 18:00
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: Re: Failing to build OpenSSL 1.0.0f on obsolete Debian box (i386,
kernel 2.0.36)

On Wed January 18 2012, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> On 1/18/2012 9:57 AM, Brooke, Simon wrote:
> > Sadly, removing -fomit-frame-pointer does not work.
>
> Isn't that the default behavior for -O3?

On GCC - yes.
OP is using the ancestor of what is now known as GCC.

The answer was in another person's post - his binutils
is too old to recognize the assembler instructions used.

Mike

E-mail messages may contain viruses, worms, or other malicious code. By reading
the message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full
responsibility for taking protective action against such code. Henry Schein is
not liable for any loss or damage arising from this message.

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It
is intended solely for the addressee(s). Access to this e-mail by anyone else
is unauthorized.